Will be based in Brussels (preferred) or elsewhere in Europe with easy access to Brussels. Work with the European Managing Director in establishing the Public Affairs Council (pac.org/europe) as the leading professional organization in thought-leadership and training in the practice of public affairs, advocacy and government relations. Research, design, execute and evaluate conferences, workshops and webinars in order to educate junior and senior professionals in:
- European and global government relations
- Advocacy, lobbying best practices
- Relevant thought leadership and trends (e.g., corporate leadership, management best practices, strategy, communication, political/social developments)
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work environment
- Intellectually stimulating work
- Interact with Europe’s senior-level public affairs community
- Opportunities to experiment with creative ideas, initiatives and projects
- Meet and discuss public affairs issues with European public affairs executives from multinational corporations, major business associations and NGOs, as well as EU officials;
- Create, organize and moderate conferences, roundtables, training workshops and networking events on public affairs best practices;
- Deliver or assist with custom speeches and training courses on EU lobbying, public affairs strategy, digital advocacy or related topics;
- Connect and engage with European public affairs professionals and recruit new member organizations;
- Assist in custom research projects and consulting for members.
- Serve as member of PAC’s expert team in European public affairs;
- Advise members on best practices in the field;
- Research and publish articles, social media posts and other communications on advocacy trends;
- Deliver input to team members on ideas for research projects, benchmarking studies and other products to serve our constituency; and
- Be cross-trained in all aspects of public affairs and what works in markets across Europe.
This individual will be supported by administrative and marketing personnel in Brussels and in Washington, D.C.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Results driven, self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, enthusiasm and strong problem-solving skills
- Interest in defining the future of the profession and teaching others to do the same
- Excellent communication skills as both a public speaker and writer
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, balance many projects at one time and meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to integrate into a work environment that is team-oriented, customer-focused and non-partisan
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external individuals and groups
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and leadership, often with incomplete information
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years direct public affairs experience in the private sector, an EU institution or similar; familiarity with corporate and/or association public affairs is required
- Understanding of policy-making and regulatory processes at EU level
- Established network of current public affairs professionals
- Published writing
- Experience of working successfully with senior-level executives and audiences
- Program management and event planning/consulting experience
- Be registered as self-employed in the EU or have a company that can conclude a contract
When you apply below you should submit a well-written one-page cover letter that speaks to your ideas and interests, as well as your annual fee expectations. We recommend that you write the cover letter beforehand and then copy/paste it into the field provided. You will also be asked to upload your C.V.
Submit the above before Tuesday, 12 June 2018. The hiring process includes an interview and a written task. Interviews may take place before the closing date. For additional questions, please contact Andras Baneth at email@example.com.